Here are 50 journal prompts for self-discovery that always come to my rescue, whenever I feel stuck in life.
If you are feeling lost and trapped within your own thoughts, journaling will for sure help you.
Journaling is the perfect way to
- feel your feelings
- understand your emotions
- accept your true self
- give words to your thoughts and feeling
- creating a relationship with self
Grab a pen and a paper and start writing. The following journal prompts will act as catalysts in your self-improvement journey and allow you to discover your true self.
Let your thoughts flow in ink and understand what you truly want from your life.
Journal Prompts for Self-discovery
1. Who are the three people you love the most in this world?
2. What does success mean to you?
3. What do you like the most about yourself?
4. List ten things that make you happy.
5. What does an ideal daily routine look like to you?
6. What are you feeling right now?
7. Name three things you are grateful for.
8. What have you learned this year, and how will it help you in the future?
9. Where do you want to live in the future, and why?
10. What does your dream life look like?
11. What are your professional goals?
12. How would you define yourself as a person?
13. What are the three qualities you look for in a person?
14. How do you practice self-love?
15. What is your comfort food?
16. Name three habits that you would like to quit.
17. Name three habits that you would like to form.
Related: How to form a habit and stick to it
18. What is your favorite time of the day?
19. What does an ideal evening look like to you?
20. Name the three countries that you want to visit.
21. What are the challenges you faced today.?
22. List all the emotions you felt today.
23. How do you deal with negative emotions?
24. What do you do to find peace within?
25. What is your favorite childhood memory?
26. Who is your inspiration, and why?
27. What are the three things that you want to achieve in life?
28. What are you doing to reach your goals?
29. If you’ll have a few extra hours in a day, what would you do?
30. What do you like to do in your free time?
31. What is it that you want other people to know about you?
32. List your three greatest strengths.
33. What are your weaknesses, and how do you try to overcome them?
34. What calms you down when you are angry?
35. When you are feeling down what cheers you up?
36. List all your accomplishments, no matter how small they seem to you.
37. What do you do to overcome laziness?
38. What are you afraid to do and why?
39. In what areas of life, you need improvement and why?
40. How do you plan to improve your life?
41. What is your favorite way to relax after a long day?
42. What are the three things you are passionate about?
43. Name five things that make you smile when you see or think about them.
44. What are the things that you do daily to live a healthy lifestyle?
45. What do you value the most in your life?
46. How would your friends describe you?
47. What challenges are you facing in your life right now, and how are you overcoming them?
48. If you are given a million dollars, what would you do?
49. Is there anything you want to forgive yourself for, and how will you do that?
50. What piece of advice you would like to give to your future self?
I hope these self-discovery journal prompts help you with your self-improvement journey.
Ask these questions and understand your emotions.
The list is long, but don’t get overwhelmed. Write about them one by one.
It is more important to sort your thoughts and feelings than to finish the list.
You may also like: