Today I’ll share with your 100 ways to improve your health, things you can do daily to live a better and healthy life.
Everyone wants to improve their health, and yet, many of us find it challenging to eat healthily or live a healthy lifestyle. I believe the main reason for this is that we are often too scared to take huge steps, or we don’t have time to try something new in our busy schedule.
But contrary to popular belief, healthy living is not complicated. In fact, it is very fundamental and simplistic. It is about making the right choices, and small yet, significant changes in your life.
Healthy living is not synonymous to workout at the gym or eating boring food. It is a way of life. You can never in your life, visit a gym or eat boring food and yet be healthy.
Do not try to be perfect. Do what you can. No matter how big your goal is, every single step toward it counts.
So, let find out 100 ways to live a healthy life.
Save this on Pinterest to read it later
100 SIMPLE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH
1. Drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Add more vegetables, fruits and lentils to your diet.
3. Include different coloured vegetables and fruit in your diet.
4. Improve your posture and sit up straight.
5. Replace unhealthy fat in your food with healthy fat, such as coconut oil and Avocado.
6. Eat more probiotic foods like Yogurt, Kefir and Kimchi.
7. Always chew your food properly. Don’t eat your food in a rush.
8. Take smaller bites while eating.
9. Avoid processed food.
10. Drink herbal tea or green tea.
11. Drink fruit infused water throughout the day.
12. Do not eat, simply because you are bored and have nothing else to do.
13. Start meditation.
14. Go for a walk after dinner.
15. Stretch your body after you wake up and do yoga.
16. Stop smoking, if you are a smoker or at least try to reduce it.
17. Limit your alcohol consumption.
18. Avoid deep-frying your snacks. Bake those potatoes instead of frying them.
19. Cook at home, whenever possible. Eat healthy and home-cooked meals. (You will some money too)
20. Wash your hands frequently and keep a hand sanitizer with you when you go out of the house.
21. Deep clean your fridge to avoid the growth of bacteria and fungus.
22. Always read the labels of the foods before buying. Do not fall prey to the marketing gimmicks.
23. Every morning, open the windows and allow fresh air and sunlight to come in.
24. Have a morning routine.
25. Sleep before midnight and wake up early.
26. Sleep for at least six to eight hours a night.
27. Go to bed at approximately the same time every day.
28. Never skip your breakfast.
29. Eat easily digestible food at dinner.
30. Eat your dinner two to three hours before going to bed.
31. Brush your teeth twice a day.
32. Floss your teeth to keep them healthy.
33. Wear sunscreen daily. Do not skip it because it’s cloudy. The harmful UV rays are there, even when you cannot see the sun.
34. Listen to your body. Visit a doctor whenever necessary.
35. Maintain a food diary and understand your eating habits. Make the necessary changes to your diet.
36. Limit your sugar intake. Eat fruits for desserts.
37. Spend quality time with your family.
38. Invest in yourself. Take out time for yourself and practice self-care.
39. Stop negative self-talk.
40. Exercise for 30 minutes daily. If 30 sounds too much, start with 5 or 10 and gradually increase your time.
41. Cut and file your nails every week. Keep them clean.
42. Daily repeat positive and powerful affirmations.
43. Do not bring your laptop and work to your bed before sleeping.
44. Keep your phone on a side table and not under your pillow while sleeping.
45. Take active breaks while working. For every hour you sit, get up and move your body for ten minutes.
46. Eat organic products as much as possible.
47. Grow plants in your house, especially air-purifying plants such as Devil’s Ivy or pothos (Epipremnum aureum) and Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
48. Smile more often.
49. Develop a positive attitude and learn to let go of the past.
50. Cut down on fizzy drinks and store-bought juices.
51. Drink your greens. Make healthy green smoothies at home.
52. Include superfoods like Spirulina and Kale in your diet.
53. Start your day with a large glass of water.
54. Eat whole fruits instead of drinking the juice. Your body needs fibre for better digestion.
55. Control your portion while eating. Choose a smaller plate to eat.
56. Plan your meals.
57. Pack leftovers for lunch. Avoid eating out.
58. Replace unhealthy snack with healthier options like nuts, carrot and celery sticks.
59. Do not go grocery shopping hungry. You’ll end up buying a lot of junk.
60. Stop buying unhealthy foods like potato chips and cola.
61. Take the stairs instead of the lift.
62. Bike to your work, if possible.
63. Complete 10,000 steps daily.
64. Do not eat while watching TV. Practice mindful eating.
65. Change your bedsheets and pillow covers every week.
66. Limit your caffeine intake.
67. Avoid very hot showers, as it damages your hair and skin.
68. Moisturize your skin.
69. Wash your face and body towels every seven to ten days.
70. Reduce your intake of salt and sodium.
71. Listen to relaxing music. Calm your mind.
72. Be kind and learn to forgive.
73. Include a variety of protein in your diet, such as eggs, soy, seeds and lean meat.
74. Use essential oils that support wellness.
75. Talk to a friend when you are feeling low.
76. Cry, if you want to.
77. Go running or on a hike with your friends and family.
78. Deep clean your house every weekend.
79. Avoid chemical cleaners whenever possible. Use natural cleaners instead.
80. Replace refined grains with whole grains.
81. Stop eating when you are 80% full.
82. Write down your feeling and allow yourself to process your emotions.
83. Laugh more. Watch standup comedy or a funny movie.
84. Cuddle more.
85. Count to 10 when you are angry. Control your anger. Accept that you cannot control everything.
86. Have a social media detox day every week.
87. Practice the 20/20/20 rule to reduce eye strain. For every 20 minutes, you work on a screen, stare at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
88. Do not google your symptoms and try to self-diagnose yourself. Go to a doctor.
89. Avoid drinking calories. Make your iced coffee at home.
90. Follow a good skincare routine.
91. Take special care of your personal hygiene.
92. Add turmeric to your food for extra health benefits.
93. Spend some time daily in the fresh air.
94. Eat five to six smaller meals throughout the day instead of three heavy meals.
95. Do not under-eat or starve yourself. Eat when you are hungry.
96. Declutter your workplace and house to reduce stress.
97. Eat fruits like apples, pears and kiwis with their skin.
98. Be realistic – You cannot survive only on salads and one doughnut will not kill you. Try moderation.
99. Be more active overall.
100. Go for regular health check-ups.
Pin for later